Education Building Projects
Coast and Harbor has provided cost management services to Brown University on two major projects:
- The 200,000 square foot, $85 million new School of Engineering (completed)
- The 80,000 square foot, $150 million new Performing Arts Center
Coast and Harbor’s services include review of designer and consultant invoices and pay requisitions from the Construction Manager at Risk and from the major subcontractors, know as Trade Partners for these projects. These services are provided as part of Brown’s Integrated Project Delivery project delivery system.
- A nano-technology cleanroom
- An advanced imaging suite
- A bio cleanroom
- Large- and small-scale collaboration spaces
- Open-plan laboratories on the second and third floors
- A multi-functional commons, café, and meeting space on level one
- Outdoor eating area adjacent to the café; green spaces for collaboration and relaxation
- Innovative energy-saving strategies such as external vertical fins to manage solar gain from the west and south
- Advanced multi-disciplinary undergraduate teaching lab
Providence, Rhode Island
200,000 sq. ft.